Disabling Startup Programs
Here is a handy tip for when your computer gets too bogged down. You can disable some programs from starting up when your computer starts up.
- Click Start.
- Click "Run".
- (If you don't see the "Run" link then hold down the Windows key on the bottom left of your keyboard and push "R".
- In the window that pops up type "msconfig" and push OK.
- You should now see a window with some tabs along the top.
- Click on the "Startup" tab.
- Uncheck the programs you don't want to startup when your computer does.
- You might not know what some of them do, so you should probably only disable ones where you know what they are.